> UK > Education > Teaching English
This category contains 23 sites:
- A Brief Look at the History of English - Provides an overview of the three periods of English, along with examples of the language at various points in history.
- Activities in English - Activities and games related to grammar, reading, spelling, vocabulary and proverbs.
- Activities to Learn English - Interactive material to build vocabulary, spelling, grammar and reading skills. Automatic grading with immediate feedback.
- CBC 4 Kids: Words - Add to an online story, read what other kids have written or submit your own best work, play word games, or find a good book.
- Check It Out - Information related to reading, writing, and critical thinking.
- English-Zone - A variety of English grammar, spelling, and conversation exercises.
- Exploring English - Explore the wonders and quirks of the English Language including the parts of speech, sentences, style guidelines, usage, punctuation, and spelling. Includes online tutorial.
- GameGoo - Fun, early educational games (pre-K through 3) based on state standards for language arts.
- Handwriting for Kids - Printable tracing guides and practice worksheets for printing and cursive.
- Kristine George's Children's Poetry Corner - Children's poetry site from acclaimed poet, Kristine O'Connell George. Features author information, teaching ideas, audio clips, and animated "mini-web" for students.
- Larke, Joe - Introduces children's writer Joe Larke, his stories, and his poems. Also includes contact information, details about school visits, and tips for young writers.
- Mayo's Language Arts - Class site contains writing exercises, figurative language, literary terms, games, and links.
- Mrs. Wee's Online English Magazine - Includes book reviews, online stories, writing tips, and word games.
- PrimaryGames.com Language Arts Games - Created by a teacher, online games and activities review ABC's, reading, writing, and alphabetical order.
- Quia! English Activities - Games and quizzes for learning grammar and vocabulary. Over 10 types of activities to choose from, including matching games, flash cards, hangman, trivia games, and quizzes.
- Quia! English Activities - Games and quizzes for learning English grammar and vocabulary. Offers 20 types of activities to choose from, including matching games, flash cards, hangman, trivia games, and quizzes.
- Reaching Out: The Evolution Of Communication - Explores how oral and written language have developed over the centuries.
- Scramble-Saurus from Funbrain.com - Improve spelling and vocabulary skills while using clues to unscramble words. Choose among easy, medium, hard, or superbrain versions.
- Spider-Man in Amazing Adventures - Provides a range of language arts activities based on the popular cartoon series. From the United States Department of Education.
- Wacky World of Words - Letters, words, phrases, sentences...play with them all in this collection of online word games.
- WordCentral - Merriam-Webster's Word Central offers kids a student dictionary, Daily Buzzword, and interactive word games.
- Words at FunBrain.com - All sorts of online language games help kids master everything from spelling to grammar and have fun in the process.
- Write On Reader - Fifth graders created this platinum-award winning site about reading and writing for Thinkquest Jr. 2000. It includes information on making books and tips about writing from well-known authors.
|Whatever type of job you're looking for, find it with Ask.com. Browse a wide range of agencies and employers and find your dream job in seconds.
Become a sponsor >>