> UK > England > Society and Culture > History
This category contains 28 sites:
- 1689: The English Bill of Rights - Full text of the seminal bill that transferred tax-raising powers from the monarch to parliament.
- A Personal Railway History - Account by Fred Gibbs, a Birmingham man who worked on the railway between the years 1918 and 1967.
- Angelcynn - Anglo-Saxon Living History 400-900AD - Original articles on Anglo-Saxon history and society 400-900AD presented by a living history group.
- Battle Conference of Anglo-Norman Studies - An annual event devoted to medieval history and culture. Information on past meetings, and date and location of upcoming meeting.
- Bracton: De Legibus Et Consuetudinibus AngliĆ¦ - The Laws and Customs of England, written by a 13th century English judge. In the original latin with simultaneous translation into modern English.
- Coalmining research services - British coalmining history research service providing books, photographs, illustrations, films, mining and geological maps and plans. Family history resource.
- Early English Scribal Culture - The Germanic Runes represent an early form of "writing" in English.
- England History - Links and information about English history, particularly Anglo-Saxon and Viking periods, Glastonbury, Wessex and the Magna Carta.
- English Culture - Discover the fads, foibles, history and eccentricities of England and the English.
- English History Notes - Snippets of information on life in medieval and Tudor England, from alcohol to windmills.
- Florilegium Urbanum - A selection of primary documents, in modern English translation, illustrating aspects of urban society in medieval England.
- History of England - General topics arranged in broad time periods.
- International Society of Anglo-Saxonists - The International Society of Anglo-Saxonists was founded in 1983 to further all aspects of Anglo-Saxon Studies.
- King Henry VIII History Department - A schools history department Website with information on Tudor England, and working conditions during the Industrial Revolution.
- Laxey Mines Research Group - Information about the mines of the Isle of Man, their history and a virtual tour.
- MaĆeliende - The online newsletter of Anglo-Saxon studies at the University of Georgia
- Macaulay's History of England, volume 1 - First published in 1849, covers the English Civil Wars through to the Monmouth Rebellion.
- Magna Carta, 1215 (translated from the Latin) - Translation from the Latin of the original version of the Magna Carta of Great Britain, signed by King John at Runnymede in 1215. With links to glossary and Latin original text (background notes under preparation)
- Mercian History - Geography, acendancy, and decline of the Kingdom of Mercia, and the earldom as it existed under the Danelaw.
- Old Father Thames - Historical incident, personalities and associations of the river Thames related to specified points along its course and on its banks
- Outlaws and Highwaymen - Songs, poems, stories, memoirs, letters, satires, sermons, and other writings from the times are used to tell about the English highwayman from the 14th through the 19th centuries.
- Renaissance England - Article and resources related to the period from the reign of Henry VII and ending with the execution of Charles the first.
- Seventeenth Century England. - Wills, Muster Lists and Parish Register together with more general information including coinage, wages, prices and artillery.
- Sir Francis Drake - History - The epic circumnavigation of the famous privateer Francis Drake.
- Sutton Hoo, Suffolk - Online tour of the famed Anglo Saxon Royal cemetery, courtesy of The Sutton Hoo Society: interactive map brings up information of features of the site. Visitor information.
- The English Merlin - The world of William Lilly and the 17th century astrologers
- The History of... English Towns and Villages - Short histories of a variety of English towns, sorted by county.
- Times of Change in the History of England - A brief history of the periods of transition in England, including the Norman Conquest, the Plague, and the Reformation.
This IP has been banned |
|We can help you get a fresh start. Clear your debts without any loans.
| www.DebtAdvisoryCentre.c...||Sponsor |
|Homeowner with bad credit? Get a fast decision now for a loan over £5,000. All credit histories considered. We will search the market for the right loan for you. Apply today.
|CreditExpert with Experian. Take control and manage your credit history - it's convenient, safe and secure, with free online reports. Apply today for our 30-day free trial offer.
|Unsecured personal loans for any purpose. Homeowners or tenants welcome. Good or bad credit history. Apply now for a fast decision.
|If you are a tenant and are looking for a low cost loan even if you have poor or bad credit rating, ccjs or arrears - we can help. Apply now under no obligation.
|Get info on bad credit history from 12 engines in 1.
Become a sponsor >>