> UK > Health > National Health Service
This category contains 22 sites:
- Crewe and District Primary Care Group - Information about this Primary Care Group's activities and future plans.
- Health Education Authority - 'Special' health authority for health education. Responsible for developing strategy, education and research. Resources for professionals and patients.
- National Blood Service - National blood supply for England and North Wales. Facts about blood donation. Search and find a local blood donor session. Quizzes and games.
- National Coordinating Centre for Health Technology Assement - The Health Technology Assessment (HTA) programme is one of the largest elements of the National Health Service's Research and Development Strategy and makes an important contribution to developing a knowledge based NHS
- NHS Beacon Services - Designed to share examples of good practice within NHS organisations. Find out opening days for a Beacon Service of interest or send for a catalogue. Sparse information online.
- NHS Direct - The 24 hour nurse led telephone advice service run by the NHS. Provides information on the diagnosis and treatment of common conditions. When to seek medical help. Advice on healthly living.
- NHS Information Authority - The 'special' Health Authority with the responsibility for NHS information technology.
- NHS Information Authority : National Electronic Library for Health - An official NHS site with seventy clinical resources for health professionals. Seven resources are limited to NHS staff only. Professional Portals also available for Nursing and allied Health.
- NHS Information authority: Education, Training & Development Programme - Official Web site aimed at NHS staff from all disciplines who have key information management or training roles.
- NHS Information Authority: GPnet - Official NHS Web site. Information about connecting to the NHS Net, specifically for GP practices.
- NHShistory.com - Developments in clinical medicine and organisation within the British NHS as described in extracts from the book "From Cradle to Grave: fifty years of the NHS" written by Geoffrey Rivett.
- Our Healthier Nation - Website managed by the Health Education Authority on behalf of the Department of Health. Supports the white paper, Saving lives - Our Healthier Nation. Contains a collection of links, contacts and resources, including a searchable national database.
- Primary Care: NHS Executive - Primary Care Division of the NHS Executive. Details of the Government's new NHS developments. Primary Care Groups and Trusts, Walk-in Centres, Health Action Zones, PMS Pilots.
- Scottish Centre for Infection and Environmental Health: Fit for travel? - Health information for UK travellers.
- South and West NHS Research and Development Directorate - One of the 8 regional research and development directorates. Site contains official publications and newsletters.
- South Coast Audit NHS - Providing internal audit services to NHS organisations across Kent, Sussex, Surrey and South East London.
- The Exeter System - Diverse range of software products and services formerly purchased by Purchasing Consortium of NHS Health Authorities. Now part of the NHS Information Authority.
- The National Health Service - Official government site, launched to commemorate 50 years of the NHS. Information about the history, function and structure of the NHS.
- The NHS A to Z - Good comprehensive guide to the National Health Service. How the NHS is funded and organised, who does what, and how to get access to services. Produced by the independent Help for Health Trust with funding from the NHS.
- The NHS Confederation - the voice of NHS management - Includes the creating opportunities for members' views to be heard, supporting NHS leadership and management, campaigning for change and building awareness and understanding of NHS issues.
- Trent Net - Regional Office of the NHS executive, covering an area which includes Lincolnshire, Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire, Derbyshire, South Humber, Doncaster, Rotherham, Sheffield and Barnsley. Limited database of resources.
- Who's Who The Directory - The Who's Who? Directory for Mental Health Services in the Morecambe Bay area
This IP has been banned |
|Looking for national health service? Compare a range of leading sites online.
|Whatever you're looking for, find it with Ask.com.
|Want to find out about an illness or condition? Visit NHS Choices.
|Cheap health quotes instant cover. Find affordable health protection.
Become a sponsor >>