> UK > Health > Organisations
This category contains 39 sites:
- Alliance for Health Professionals - Trade union federation formed by The British Dietetic Association, The Chartered Society of Physiotherapy, The British Orthoptic Society, The Federation of Clinical Scientists, The Society of Chiropodists & Podiatrists and The Society of Radiographers
- Association for Respiratory Technology and Physiology - Professional association for practitioners working in respiratory physiology and technology. National professional examinations in both spirometry and basic respiratory function testing.
- British Cardiac Intervention Society - For cardiac specialists. News of research and audit. Mailing list and discussion board.
- British Healthcare Internet Association - An association for health care professionals and others, who are dedicated to the advancement of health care through the application of Internet technologies
- British Medical Association - The BMA is the main professional organization representing UK doctors and is an independent trade union. This site is primarily for doctors and some sections are restricted to BMA members only.
- British Paediatric Surveillance Unit - Professional society. Research and monitoring of uncommon childhood diseases.
- British Thoracic Society - The official body of respiratory specialists, including medical practitioners, nurses and scientists. Publications and events are lsited on the site.
- Charterhouse Clinical Research Unit Limited - Online registration for clinical trials for over 18's.
- Clinical Trials Service Unit - Medical research unit based at Oxford University. Studies chronic diseases such as cancer, heart attacks and strokes. Site provides some information on recent projects.
- College of Prison Medicine - Professional association for prison doctors in the UK.
- Council For Professions Supplementary To Medicine - Professional association.
- Council of Heads of Medical Schools - Council of the Heads, or Deans, of the faculties of medicine and medical schools in the UK.
- Doctor Patient Partnership - Official body. Promotes the responsible use of GP services. Offers practical advice on self-medication.
- General Medical Council - All practising medical doctors in the UK must be registered with the GMC. This official site describes the functions of the Council and displays guidance for doctors and the public.
- Heart Attack Aftercare Association - Fund raising charity supporting coronary aftercare. Programs, membership and remembrance facility available.
- Institute of Healthcare Management - Professional body for managers working in health services in the UK. An extensive site with detailed information about the Institute, including a private members only section.
- Institute of Medical Illustrators - Describes the aims and activities of this association, with telephone contacts for officers, educational programmes and links to medical and academic sites.
- Joint Committee on Postgraduate Training for General Practice - Issues the certificates which allow doctors to practice as General Practitioners in the UK. Approves and inspects all training posts for general practice. Site provides details on how to obtain a certificate. Lists doctors who hold the certificate.
- Medical Devices Agency - Official government body responsible for ensuring that medical devices meet safety standards. Newsletters. How to report safety problems.
- Medical Protection Society - Mutual assurance society providing professional insurance for doctors. Guidance papers and case reports available.
- Medical Research Council - Large UK organization which commissions, funds and carries out medical research projects. Details of the organization are available. Detail of individual projects is sparse.
- Medical Women's Federation - Represents women doctors in the UK. Personal support, newsletters, conferences.
- National Association for Premenstrual Syndrome - Offering information about the condition, details on conferences, and dietary information.
- National Association of GP Co-operatives - GP co-operatives are one of the means by which GPs cover their out of hours commitment to patients when surgeries are closed. This association offers support. Represents many of the GP Co-ops in the UK.
- National Association Of Hospice Fundraisers Website - UK professional association for fundraisers working in the Hospice movement.
- National Association of Non-Principals - Represents medical doctors working in General Practice who are not registered principals. Discussion forum and help with developing personal learning plans.
- NHS Clinical Governance Support Team - Forum for discussion and debate, information and insight on NHS policy. Search facility available.
- NHS Primary Care Group Alliance Web Site - Support for Primary Care Groups and professionals working in Primary Care in the UK
- Organisation of Chartered Physiotherapists in Private Practice - An organization representing self-employed physiotherapists. Directory of private physiotherapists, information about membership and private members area.
- Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health - Professional society for doctors.
- Royal College of Speech & Language Therapists - The professional body for Speech and Language Therapists. Advice on training with links to recognised education centres. Post graduate courses.
- The Cancer Care Society - Includes news, information, services and contact details.
- The Medico-Legal Society - This UK society aims to promote all aspects of medico-legal knowledge through its journal and regular meetings.
- The Royal College of General Practitioners - Academic organization in the UK for general practitioners.
- The Royal College of Surgeons of England - Website provides details of surgical training and examinations, research grants, and other information about the Royal College of Surgeons.
- The Sleep Council - Body funded by bed manufacturers promoting the importance of a good night's sleep. Free information leaflets, tips and facts are available.
- Transplants In Mind - Group of charities with members waiting for transplants and dedicated to increasing public awareness of the benefits of organ donation. Includes list of charities, events, and committee members.
- UK Public Health Association - A gateway to public health issues in Britain.
- United Kingdom Transplant Support Service Authority - Supports transplant units throughout the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland. Includes information about transplants, donor cards and the NHS organ donor register.
This IP has been banned |
|With Britishinformation.com. A leading UK online directory.
| www.britishinformation.c...||Sponsor |
|Use the britishwebsearch search engine and directory to find relevant uk search results for animal welfare organisations.
| www.britishwebsearch.com...||Sponsor |
Become a sponsor >>