> UK > Scotland > Government > Local Councils
This category contains 34 sites:
- Aberdeen City Council - Council committed to making their site as interactive as possible in order to meet the Scottish Executive's Modernising Government agenda.
- Aberdeenshire - Council homepage. Includes information about education, culture, tourism and business.
- Angus Council - Information for tourists, residents and businesses.
- Argyll and Bute Council - Amalgamation of the former Argyll and Bute District Council, part of the former Dumbarton District Council, the old Argyll and part of the old Dumbarton sub-regions of Strathclyde Regional Council.
- City of Edinburgh Council - Based in Scotland's capital city, the Council provides a range of public services to over 444,000 citizens and promotes the city worldwide.
- Clydesdale International Twinning Association - Town Twinning in Clydesdale, South Lanarkshire by CITA: Twinning Clydesdale with Yvetot, France and Hemmingen Germany.
- Comhairle nan Eilean Siar - Outer Hebrides or Western Isles. Bilingual Site in English & Gaelic.
- Currie Community Council - The Community Councillors are residents of the area who act on behalf of local people to try and preserve those aspects of Currie, including Hermiston, Blinkbonny and Kinleith, which they believe are worth retaining, while also encouraging developments wh
- Dumfries and Galloway Council - Public access to Local Government information for the Dumfries and Galloway Region of South West Scotland
- Dundee City Council - The council's services and links to other organisations in the city.
- East Ayrshire Council - Local Government pages listing information relating to council business and other issues connected with the local area.
- East Renfrewshire Council - East Renfrewshire Council website provides information to residents of East Renfrewshire, visitors, and interested parties.
- Falkirk Council - Information on the council, the Falkirk area, council tax, a guide to what's on.
- Fetlar Community Council - First Community Council on the web, Fetlar is the fourth largest of the Shetland Isles in the north of Scotland and is approximately seven miles long by four miles wide. The island has a population of about 100 which is rather low in comparison with the o
- Fife Council - Meet the councillors, with photos and a detailed structure of the committees and office locations. Read the latest council news.
- Glasgow City Council - The local government's web presence.
- Highland Think Net - Highland Think Net discussion forum will not be just another Scottish e-talking shop, discussions on Think Net are moderated and ideas will be fed into the Highland Community Plan or passed to people who can turn ideas into action.
- Local Government in Scotland - Scottish Office information sheet on Local Councils, including links to maps.
- New Scottish Councils - Concise information on the new unitary authority areas in Scotland, Maps and lists of towns.
- North Lanarkshire Council - Unitary Local Authority, located in the central belt of Scotland. Information about the Council, its services, and the local area for residents, businesses and visitors.
- North Queensferry Community Council - Community Council site of North Queensferry, on the Fife side of the Forth Bridges.
- Orkney - Official site, sponsored by the tourist board. Includes a history of the island, along with information for tourists, residents and businesses.
- Oultwood Local Government Index - Local council site links for Scotland, using clickable maps and lists.
- Perth & Kinross Council Website - Local Government pages listing council information relating to council business and other issues connected with the local area.
- Renfrewshire Council - Guide to Renfrewshire and Council Services.
- Shetland Islands Council - Departmental information and scenes from the most northerly local authority in the UK.
- South Ayrshire Council - Information and contacts for council.
- South Lanarkshire Council - Provides useful information on local services and links to other local and central government bodies.
- Stirling Council - Local Government pages listing 'what we to', residents, business, news and publications information
- Tarves, a village in historic Aberdeenshire - Tarves is 26km north of Aberdeen in the Aberdeenshire's Castle Country. This site is from the Community Council to provide locals and visitors with information about the area. This site is Not for Profit.
- The Highland Council Web Site - Local Government pages listing information relating to council business and other issues connected with the local area.
- The Moray Council - Local government resources including news, forms and information about the area.
- West Dunbartonshire Council - Local Government pages listing information relating to council business and other issues connected with the local area.
- West Lothian - Situated in the heart of Silicon Glen, West Lothian is a thriving district with a population of around 150,000. West Lothian was recently rated as the second best place in Britain to live. The independent quality of life study praised West Lothian's
This IP has been banned |
|DirectGov: Help & Advice Local Councillors.
|We have reviewed and sorted 197 odd links for local councils - the top 10 list is presented here.
|Local governments are administrative offices of an area smaller than a state or province. The term is used to contrast with offices at nation-state level, which are referred to as the central.
| www.thefreedictionary.co...||Sponsor |
|A leading UK online directory.
| www.britishinformation.c...||Sponsor |
Become a sponsor >>