> UK > Scotland > Recreation and Sports > Walking
This category contains 44 sites:
- An Sgòrr - Descriptions of walking routes in the Scottish Mountains. Catalogued as Munros, Corbetts, Grahams and Donalds. Tabular lists with map references and general information included.
- Ayrshire Paths - Offering general information about Ayrshire, visitor activities, map and path search facilities. Contact and related links included.
- Bespoke Highland Tours - Listing walking and long distance trail holidays in the Western Highlands and Islands. Holiday types, travel and contact information included.
- Cateran Trail - All about a new 60-mile waymarked circular trail in the heart of Scotland. Information, maps, services and photos. Flash.
- Digital Photography and Walking in Scotland. - Digital photography and walking in Scotland.
- Five Best Walks in Scotland - Phil's most memorable days out in the hills in Scotland. Diaries, photos and maps.
- Guide to Forest Walks in Argyll - Ranging from easy to strenuous. Walks with details of routes and distances, including approximate timings, fitness requirements, photos and links.
- High Scotland - Visit Scotland's highest points from the comfort of your own seat. Munro Bagging on the Web. Virtual Munros.
- Highland Traveller - The Travellers Guide To Scotland. Online booking for hotels, and a fair amount of information about Scotland.
- Hill Walking - Provides short photo tours for walks covering the following hills: Criffel, Screel, Saddle Yoke and Queensberry in south west Scotland .
- Hillwalking in the Outer Hebrides - Guided hillwalking on the Isle of Harris in the Outer Hebrides. Enjoy the remote beauty and wilderness of this special island with its rugged peaks, mystical glens and golden beaches.
- Langholm Walks - Information about 15 walks, covering over 80 miles, near Langholm in South West Scotland in the border hills. Details about the walk, terrain, travel and accommodation.
- Local Walks - Personal account of walks in the Sidlaw Hills which lie to the north of Dundee . Includes maps, descriptions and photographs .
- Lochaber & Glen Coe Walks - Offers links to range of walks . Includes photographs and links to related resources .
- NCR Hillwalking & Climbing Club - Based in Dundee, Scotland, the club organises trips to the hills and mountains. Contains information on routes.
- North-West Frontiers - Walking holidays and hiking vacations. A selection of walks in northern and western Scotland for all ranges of ability, from moderate and intermediate to strenuous. Includes details of walks, photos, booking information and contact details.
- Scotland - Walks, with maps and photographs from the north of Glasgow, Callander, Glencoe, Skye, Wester Ross and Sutherland.
- Scotland - Long Distance Footpaths - Descriptions of a selection of long distance footpaths including The West Highland Way.
- Scotland: Hiking in Search of the Water of Life. - Hiking in the Cuillin Mountains of the Isle of Skye and drinking the distilled spirits of Scotland.
- Scotlands Mountains - A couple of photo galleries on Scotland
- Stones - Photographs of summit cairns in the Scottish mountains.
- Sub 3000- The Wee Hill Baggers Site. - Hillwalking and Mountaineering in Scotland's smaller hills. Includes photographs.
- The Arrochar Alps. - Informative site about this range of mountains in the Southern Highlands of Scotland. Includes walk descriptions and photographs.
- The Dundee Walker - Jim Bryces site containing details of hillwalking routes in Scotland.
- The Great Outdoors Challenge - An annual non-competitive walking event across the Highlands of Scotland, west coast to east coast, sponsored by TGO magazine.
- The Great Scottish Climb - Rescheduled for 15 September 2001. An annual event with teams of people on all 284 Munros in Scotland on the same day. Participants obtain sponsorship to raise money for Cancer Awareness in Scotland.
- The Munros and Munro-bagging - Information on, and listing of Munros.
- The Scottish Hillwalking Boot - Personal page.
- The Scottish Rights of Way and Access Society - Preserve land access for walkers, cyclists, horseriders and other countryside users .
- The Speyside Way - All up to the minute information about the Speyside Way Long Distance Route, from the Moray Council. Includes comprehensive accommodation list and public transport guide.
- Tramping Trip Reports - A selection of walks and photographs of Scotland. Munros climbed include Ben Nevis, the Aonach Eagach ridge, the Mamore Range, Ben Lui, Cairngorm, Bidean nan Bian and the Five Sisters of Kintail.
- Walkabout Scotland - Guided hill walking and hiking tours from Edinburgh to the Scottish Highlands. Day tours, weekend breaks and longer walking holidays.
- Walking & Climbing - Practical information for walking in Scotland from munro routes to low level family walks. From ScottishSport.co.uk
- Walking in Perthshire - The Strathearn area of Perthshire offers the walker a wide variety of rambles.
- Walking in Scotland - Walks in Glencoe with maps, photographs and links to accommodation and other resources .
- Walking Scotland - A guide to walking, hillwalking and hiking around Scotland. Includes online OS maps, downloadable documentation and 100's of pictures taken during the detailed walks.
- Walking South Scotland - A guide to walking in the Scottish Borders . Includes a listing of routes and links to related resources .
- Walking the Watershed - Complete text and illustrated version of this book which describes a walk from the border to Cape Wrath along Scotland's great divide. By Dave Hewitt .
- Walking Wild - Informational, accommodation and travel links relating to walking in the Highlands and Islands of Scotland .
- Walks in Caithness - Walk descriptions and local walking groups. Includes links to related resources .
- Walks in Scotland - A guide to some great walks by John Burton.
- Walks on the Isle of Skye. - Three walks with descriptions, maps and photographs.
- walkscotland.com - Online magazine for everyone who loves walking, backpacking, climbing and mountainbiking in Scotland. Includes news, tips, ski reports and photographs.
- Welcome to The Bog - This site is dedicated to the thousands of walkers who enjoy the mountains but don't view them as a collection of 'ticks'. A more 'relaxed' site on walking in Scotland.
|Information & advice on how to best tackle environmental challenges.
|Guided & self guided walking holidays in the Cotswolds, Exmoor, Somerset & Wiltshire. Also Austria in January & June and Cyprus in April & November.
|Get info on walking holiday from 12 engines in 1.
|Top brand names at fantastic prices thousands of items - bid or buy now.
Become a sponsor >>