> UK > Society and Culture > Disabled
This category contains 48 sites:
- 4dp.com - For disabled people ... - A UK web portal for disabled people. Live disability news and holidays, online shopping, and chat. [Requires registration. Not all pages are accessible to persons with disabilities.]
- A-Z to Deafblindness - Tries to let sighted hearing persons understand more about deafblindness and the people who live with being deafblind. Includes information about how we all can communicate with a deafblind person.
- Ability UK - Providing healthy living centres with a particular focus on the inclusion of people who have special needs arising from disabilities or mental illness.
- AbilityNet - Disability and computing charity offering assessments, advice, information and support.
- Abletogo.com - Brings hotels, motels, guest houses, self catering and caravan holidays to those with mobility difficulties.
- Access-Ability - One stop link shop for those with disabilities. Includes informative articles on current UK legislation plus travel, health, equipment and a notice board.
- Action for Blind People - Charity which enables blind and partially sighted people to gain equal opportunities in every aspect of their lives. Information, advice and details of current fundraising activities.
- British Services Disabilities - Governing UK bodies concerning disabilities plus web sites concerned with disabilities.
- Care and Disability Management Support - Consultancy and support package for managers and trustees of organisations providing learning disability services.
- Churchills Stairlifts PLC - Churchills family of mobility products can bring welcome health benefits and real independence. Includes stairlifts, relaxchairs, adjustable beds and more.
- Companion Stairlifts - Stairlifts new and reconditioned,for rental or purchase.
- Deaf Support Team - City of Bristol College - Sign Language and notetaking support for deaf and hearing impaired students in college. Courses in BSL, lipreading, makaton, communication support work. Deaf awareness information for students, and tutors. Statistics on Deafness. Links to international
- Deaf-uk - Mailing list for deaf people in the UK.
- Deafblind UK - National charity providing support services to, and campaigning on behalf of, deafblind adults and their carers.
- Disability Living Allowance and Attendance Allowance - Guide to and self-assessment service for these two government benefits. Includes bulletin board and chat room.
- Disability Now - Print publication for "everyone with an interest in disability". Includes archive.
- Disabled Drivers Association in the Northwest - Useful information for disabled drivers in the Northwest.
- Disabled Holiday Directory - Specialists in disabled holidays in cottages and hotels throughout the UK and Ireland. Directory of accommodation as well as relevant articles and other information.
- Disabled in Community Action and Shopmobility Connswater - Advice and services provider to member users with various disabilities, age, infirm, long term sick and terminally ill.
- Disabledworld - Directory for disabled people. Disability news, products, services, mobility and accommodation.
- Dog AID - Charity which specialises in helping the physically disabled to train their OWN pet dogs to work as assistance dogs. Details of training available and fundraising activities.
- Dolphin Mobility - Independent stair lift and chair lift suppliers. Local authority approved dealer for Stannah, Minivator, Bison, Meditek and Freelift stair lifts.
- Enableme2 - Directories and guides to health care information, organisations, education, support groups and events. Also has online shop and other relevant information.
- Focus on Disability - Provides information for those disabled in the UK covering topics such as benefits, benefit rates, contacts and organisations, independent living, social services, NHS, and mobility.
- Guide Dogs for the Blind Association - Aims to enhance the mobility, independence and quality of life of sight impaired people by providing guide dogs and other services.
- Handidate - Introduction agency for disabled people in the UK.
- Head Injuries Charity - National charity that provides day care and educational facilties for persons with Brain Injuries.
- Jubilee Sailing Trust - Adventure sailing holidays for able-bodied and disabled people.
- Leonard Cheshire - Information, support, assistance and publications for disabled people. News and views, online donation facility and links to other resources.
- Mencap - Campaigns for equal rights for people with learning disabilities and provides services to them, their families and care givers. Contains details of current campaigns and fundraising efforts as well as advice sections and members area.
- MERU (Medical Engineering Resource Unit) - A registered charity which makes bespoke equipment for disabled children, including computer interface equipment.
- Motability - Charity which helps disabled people and their families to become more mobile.
- National Association of Blue Badge Holders - Membership details and information on this charity's activities.
- National Centre for Tactile Diagrams - Based at the University of Hertfordshire, providing tactile diagrams maps and pictures, with supporting materials, for blind and visually impaired people for education, work and leisure.
- Orchard Vale Trust - Charity which provides residential homes for people with learning disabilities.
- Prospects - Christian voluntary organisation which values and supports people with learning disabilities so that they live their lives to the full.
- Queen Elizabeth's Foundation for Disabled People - Organisation which operates eight centres covering all aspects of disability.
- Remploy Ltd - Expands the opportunities for disabled people in sustainable work both within Remploy and externally. Britain's largest employer of people with disabilities.
- Scootermart - Provide mobility aids.
- Shaw Trust - National charity which works with employers, social services and disabled people in order to enable disabled people to find employment.
- Ten-20.com - Disability portal.
- The BlueBadge Alliance - The BlueBadge Alliance is an independent association whose aims are solely dedicated towards the betterment and wellbeing of disabled people within the UK.
- The CK Trust Fund - Helps all disabled people with shopping as well as providing a chat room for all to use.
- The Elven Project - Fund-raising to provides holiday and residential opportunities for learning and physically disabled of all ages and their families.
- The Good Access Guide - Directory of accessible and disability-friendly products, services and companies. Links organised alphabetically.
- UK Disability Information - Disabiliy information helpline.
- Where To Go Next - A directory of facilities providing residential care and accommodation for young adults post 16 with special needs.
- Zapperuk - Site that helps people with implanted defibrillators.
|Our unique system have sorted 133 links for disabled.
|Whatever you're looking for, find it with Ask.com.
Become a sponsor >>