> UK > Society and Culture > History > Twentieth Century
This category contains 15 sites:
- 1960s British Pop Culture - The music, the groups, the stars, the films, the tv, the images, the events, the trivia of Britain in the sixties
- A Celebration of a Tonic to the Nation - Comprehensive resource from the Festival of Britain Society which describes the 1951 exhibition. Includes links to other "worlds fairs" and current millennium events.
- Backdate - The 60s and 70s - Backdate is a glance back in time to the 1960s and 1970s in Britain. The Sixties and Seventies were a period of massive change and social revolution in the UK.
- Britain's Small Wars - Containing information on wars after 1945.
- Britannia's International Relations - Great Britain and the World - 1895-1999; an extended chronology.
- Nice Nostalgia Archive - Photos and information on cultural greats and not-so-greats from the UK in the 1970s and 1980s.
- Paddle Steamer Picture Gallery - Information and pictures on British Excursion Steamers
- Past to Present Times - A personal journey from world war two to the new millennium looking at past times and society today in the UK
- Pornography in Britain; Industries, Markets, Audiences, 1954-1993. - New e-Book on the post-war history of the British pornography industries, from 50s backstreets to 90s porn barons. The 1st chapter can be downloaded as a PDF and read for free.
- Projects in modern history - A collection of academic papers (or summaries thereof) dealing with the history of the north Atlantic archipelago (the British isles), especially with national identity.
- Remember! Remember! - Pure nostalgia from Britain in the 60s, 70s and 80s.
- Rent Strikes - "Research into the history of the tenants movement. It features two local studies of rents strikes at key stages of the formation of the English tenants movement."
- Sterling Times - British nostalgia. A patriotic collection of sounds, sights and trivia, mainly from the 20th century.
- World War 1 Naval Combat - World War 1 Naval warfare including the Battle of Jutland, Coronel and the Falklands, the scuttling at Scapa Flow and warships sunk.
- YourMemories.co.uk - Reminisce with nostalgic memories of the 1900s in all parts of the UK. Your personal recollections of childhood, school, workplace, holidays, etc.
This IP has been banned |
|We have reviewed and sorted 147 odd links for twentieth century - the top 10 list is presented here.
|A leading UK online directory.
| www.britishinformation.c...||Sponsor |
|Download Twentieth Century Semi Bold font and other design quality fonts from Adobe, ITC, Monotype, T26 and more.
Become a sponsor >>