> UK > Society and Culture > Organisations
This category contains 88 sites:
- ACT Association of Consultants and Trainers in the Voluntary Sector - Promoting good practice in management consultancy and training with arts housing and voluntary organisations in the UK.
- Advisory Service for Squatters - Information and a helpline for squatters and those interested in squatting.
- Africa Educational Trust - The trust supports education in Africa, African students studying outside of Africa and research and dissemination of information about Africa.
- Amos Trust - Human Rights organisation with the aim of making people aware of the root causes of injustice.
- Anglia in Bloom - A floral and environmental competition for communities in the East Anglia region, linked to Britain in Bloom
- Association of Better Living and Education (ABLE) - Uses L. Ron Hubbard's technology to tackle a number of social issues.
- Association of Charity Shops - Helps charities running charity shops in the UK to work together.
- Barnardo's - History and evolution of this charity for disadvantaged children. Details of current projects and online donation facility, as well as comprehensive resources.
- Benefit Assessers - For anyone working within social security benefits in the UK. Site includes useful links and a message board.
- British Disabled Flying Club - Promoting opportunities in aviation for people with disabilities.
- British Fellowship Club - An association of current and past scholars who have studied in Britain with the help of the British Council.
- British Institute for Brain Injured Children - Registered charity encouraging home-based therapy to help children variously diagnosed as having autism, autistic tendencies, brain damage etc.
- CAB Adviceguide - From the National Association of Citizens Advice Bureaux. Basic legal advice and information on your rights.
- Cares Incorporated - Umbrella organisation matching volunteers (even those with only a few hours to spare) with charitable projects in their local communities.
- Charities Aid Foundation - Independent charity providing products and services to other charities in the UK and internationally.
- Charity Challenge - Company specialising in organising tours and special events for people wishing to raise money for charity.
- Charity Choice - An encyclopaedia of UK Charities on the Internet with a fully searchable database.
- Charitybuyer.com - Guide to goods and services for the UK voluntary sector with articles, tips, supplier ratings and reviews to help you choose.
- CharityGifts - Official shopping mall for UK charity shops.
- Classic Tours - Organise sponsored charity bike rides and fund-raising adventure trekking in Israel, Jordan, Kenya, China and other exotic locations.
- Comic Relief 2002 - Offers the Comic Relief charity calendar.
- Community Web - UK internet portal site for the community, voluntary and public sectors. Provide a specialist search engine, news, information, free website hosting and publishing facilities.
- Country Reflections - An internet site for U.K. countryside news, views and services.
- Crescent Medical Aid Kenya - Non-profit making organisation dedicated to the service of humanity in the field of curative and preventive health care open to all.
- Criminal Cases Review Commission - Independent body responsible for investigating suspected miscarriages of criminal justice in England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
- CSMA - Private home, leisure and motoring organisation for people who have worked for the Civil Service or an organisation with its roots in the Civil Service. Details of membership benefits and other services.
- DonateIT - Takes decommissioned computer equipment from large companies, refurbishing them, and sells on at a no-profit basis to needy people.
- Ecovillage Network UK - Assists individuals, projects, and organisations in developing environmentally, socially and economically sustainable settlements.
- Edges magazine - Christian viewpoint. Edges is the voice of people who are on the fringes of society especially those who are homeless, addicted to drugs, or involved in crime.
- Ford Partnership - Provides management consultancy, training, writing and policy research for charities in the UK.
- Friends of the Laurel - Promoting the preservation and maintenance of memorials to conflict sacrifices. News, current projects, and how you can help.
- Funding Information - Service exclusively dedicated to the needs of UK voluntary organisations, charities and local authorities.
- Fundraising - Information and news for UK charity fundraisers.
- Gift Aid arrangements - Simple explanation of new Gift Aid rules for UK taxpayers donating to charity.
- Groundwork - Environmental regeneration charity. Promote economic and social regeneration by improvements to the local environment.
- IT For Charities - Directory of resources for UK charities and non-profit Organisations. Listings of web designers, PC recycling charities and companies that sell cheap or recycled PCs to charities.
- Just Giving - Choose a charity and donate using your credit card or create your own online sponsorship page for charity fun runs, marathons, bike rides, walks or other charity events.
- Meadiae Trust - Works in developing countries through media.
- National Association of Citizens Advice Bureaux - Providing assistance with legal problems, including debt and consumer issues, benefits, housing, legal matters, employment and immigration.
- National Council for One Parent Families - Helpdesk, factfiles, news and details of how you can get involved with this registered charity.
- National Foundation for Youth Music - Young persons music charity set up in 1999 to promote music making opportunities and to provide advice to those with the least access. News, details of actions zones and work in schools, and how you can get involved.
- National Mentoring Network - Updates on the latest national developments in mentoring, plus information on support services offered by the NMN - National Mentoring Network and membership details.
- On the Line - Educational millennium project involving cultural exchange between United Kingdom and other meridian line countries.
- Open Spaces Society - Organisation that works to protect common land and public rights of way.
- Pedestrians Association - National charity, promoting and protecting the rights of people on foot.
- People for Action - National UK network of housing organisations, committed to ideas and actions that put influence and power into the hands of local people.
- Plan International UK - Sponsoring children worldwide. Full details of their work, and of how you can help.
- Prince's Trust - Helps 14-30 year olds improve their skillsand gain confidence.
- Railway Children MAD Day - MAD (Make a Difference) Day will give everyone working for rail and rail-related companies the chance to do something to help the millions of abandoned children living around the world's railway stations (17th May 2002).
- Reach for the Sky - Sky 2000 aims to inspire teenagers to discover their talents with their career information site.
- Resources for the UK Voluntary Sector - Information, briefings, contacts on training, specialist suppliers, job opportunities, lobbying, legals for voluntary and community organizations.
- Royal African Society - Promotes links and good relations with Africa.
- Royal Agricultural Benevolent Institution - RABI is a charity providing support for members of the farming community who are in need, throughout England, Wales and Northern Irelend.
- Salvation Army UK - Offers news, information on services, FAQs, and resource links.
- Shell Foundation - UK Charity supports efforts worldwide to achieve sustainable development. This website includes the Foundation's main programmes and projects, its focus and rationale and information for applicants.
- Sick Doctors Trust - Identifies and treats doctors who are addicted to alcohol and other drugs, protects their patients and supports their families.
- Sirius Foundation Charity - A UK-based registered charity which aims to advance the circumstances of people in need and advance the welfare and education of children.
- Solutions - Computer Services for Charities - A computer services company staffed by IT professionals catering for the charity sector. Information on the company services and customers.
- SPEAK - A UK Christian charity which campaigns and prays on issues of human rights and justice.
- St John Ambulance in Wales - St. John Ambulance in Wales is a voluntary organisation providing First Aid coverage and training to the general public. Members of the organisation range from ages 6 to 70 and all are welcome.
- St Wilfrids Hospice News - Offering specialist palliative care to the community.
- Student Action India - Development non-governmental organisation (NGO) run by young people for young people. Aims are promoting the interest, awareness and understanding of development issues among young people in Europe; and developing the capabilities of young people in India
- Support Charities - Provides services and software for charities and voluntary organisations including web site development and refurbishment service, UK monthly payroll service, a Credit Union accounts program (Credit Worker) and software.
- Table Web - Free web space for members of the Round Table of Britain and Ireland (RTBI). Also offers forums and other resources.
- Techknowledgy - Charity dedicated to supplying the Third World with basic computer equipment to aid educational development. FAQs and details of how you can donate either funds or equipment.
- The Abbeyfield Society - UK organisation providing sheltered housing in the voluntary sector.
- The Association of Speakers Clubs - Organization for people who want to improve their speaking skills. Conference information and finder for local clubs.
- The Community Channel - Providing a digital television channel and interactive website for UK-based charities, community groups and voluntary organisations.
- The Ex-Forces Network - Assists ex-service personnel from the three branches of the British Armed Forces to re-establish and maintain contact with former comrades-in-arms.
- The Guild of Registered Tourist Guides - The professional association of Tourist Board Registered Blue Badge Guides in Britain.
- The Haberdashers Company - Ancient guild of the City of London. Details of its history and activity today in schools, education and charitable work.
- The Lord's Taverners Cricket Club and Charity - A charity cricket club founded in 1950 to give children a sporting chance.
- The Millennium Tree - Plant a tree for the children of the future and donate £1.00 to The Children's Society.
- The Neighbourhood Initiatives Foundation - Charity specialising in community participation, training and development.
- The Oxford Trust Home Page - Encouraging the study and application of science and technology.
- The Sunseed Trust - Develops ways of reclaiming semi-arid land and helping the lives of people living on such land, through research and experimentation, an ecological lifestyle and education. UK-registered charity.
- The Unite Website - A group of students raising money for Barnardo's
- Tools for Schools - Provides refurbished computers to schools. Includes information for companies considering donating equipment and request forms for charities and schools dealing with school age children.
- Town Crier of Guildford - Town Crying and Town Criers in the United Kingdom and worldwide.
- Training For Life - A training charity providing motivation and empowerment for people who have been denied opportunity. "It is about breaking dependency by empowering people to act independently. It is about realising potential and unleashing creativity.
- Traveller Law Research Unit - Research and publication of Traveller-related legal issues; provide referral to UK-wide network of 'Traveller-friendly' legal practitioners and other service providers.
- UK Charity Directory - Links to British charitable organisations with web sites, organised by activity.
- UK Metrification - History of UK metrification; links to legislation, Trading Standards, consumer groups and US Metric Association.
- UK Police - Unofficial online community which provides links to official police sites as well as a message board, chat room, free email and unified messaging.
- UK250 Charities - Selection of charity websites.
- UrbanRegeneration - Information-source for social landlords looking to regenerate run-down housing estates, to halt the spiral of decline and unpopular neighbourhoods and to improve the quality of life for residents.
- Webs for Charities - Providing free websites for small registered UK charities.
- Weston Spirit. Charity for Young People. - National charity tackling issues of social exclusion in young people.
This IP has been banned |
|With Britishinformation.com. A leading UK online directory.
| www.britishinformation.c...||Sponsor |
Become a sponsor >>