> UK > Society and Culture > Support Groups
This category contains 32 sites:
- Acne Support Group - The Acne Support Group is a UK-based charity providing information and support about acne and rosacea.
- Action for ME - A UK based national membership organisation and registered charity supporting ME sufferers and their carers through research, awareness raising and the provision of self help and support services. The Web site offers lots of information with links to loca
- Advent group in the UK - Support group for priests and religious people who have left the official ministry of the Catholic Church or religious life. Members meet to share experiences and to offer mutual support.
- Apex Charitable Trust - Support, information and advice for ex-offenders seeking work and employers wishing to recruit and retain ex-offenders. Includes guides to the laws on disclosure and details of their nationwide advice service.
- Ashiana - Asian Womens Refuge - Sheffield based Organisation offering support and safe accommodation to Asian women and children fleeing violence and abuse in the home. Also provides help and support for those experiencing domestic violence outside the refuge. The service is run by Asia
- Childline - ChildLine is the UK's free, 24-hour helpline for children and young people in trouble or danger.
- Consumer Credit Counselling Service - Free debt advice for families and individuals. Information about the organisation, and how they work. Includes news, useful links, and contact details (phone, mail, and e-mail).
- Epilepsy Penarth - A Support group in Wales,for Epilepsy sufferers, carers, and their families.
- FindSupport National Directory - A directory of self-help and support groups in the UK. Browse by categories or search for the group nearest you. Also hosts discussion forums on a variety of topics.
- FOLKS - Friends of Landau-Kleffner Syndrome - Landau Kleffner Syndrome is a form of childhood epilepsy which results in a severe language disorder. FOLKS is a UK-based charity to help parents and carers.
- Gamblers Anonymous UK - Fellowship of men and women who have joined together to do something about their own gambling problem and to help others do the same. Includes details of regional helpline numbers.
- GamCare - Helpline, Counselling and information for anyone affected by gambling.
- Life Outlined - Designed to guide through life's many changes, from childhood to maturity with helpful tips and straightforward information.
- Loving Memory - A site to help bereaved family and friends share and express their feelings for the loss of a loved one
- Milton Keynes Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Family Support Group - The Milton Keynes AD/HD Family Support Group (a Registered Charity) welcomes enquires and contacts from all over the world. Runs a helpline and also face to face support groups in Milton Keynes and surrounding areas. The website offers information, suppor
- Mobilephones 4 Charity.com - Charity that collects unwanted mobile phones and chargers for a range of charities.
- National Coalition of Anti-Deportation Campaigns (UK) - Bringing together families and individuals fighting deportation in the UK.
- National Missing Persons Helpline - Help for the relatives of the missing, and information on people we're looking for.
- Offshore Women's Link Support (Owls) - A free support and befriending organisation for the families of those working in the UK Offshore Oil and Gas industry and world wide with a 24-hour helpline.
- Problem Pages.co.uk - Online problem pages magazine.
- Recovery from Drug and Alcohol Abuse - This is a UK information and advice centre concerning drug and alcohol abuse. It's intended to help those with a drug or alcohol problem - and their family or friends.
- Refugees Online - An online course in web production set up by the UNHCR in the UK. Its aim is to help refugee individuals and organisations communicate.
- Self Help Nottingham - Resource for self help groups, their support agencies and health and social care professionals. Based in Nottingham but with a wide range of information and resources relevant to all self help groups.
- Self Help UK - Self Help UK is a free searchable database of over 1,000 self help organisations and support groups across the UK.
- SHARP - (Shropshire Help and Advice for Relatives and friends of Prisoners) Free and confidential helpline for the families and friends of those in prison, awaiting trial or facing legal action.
- TALK Adoption - National UK free phone helpline for young people with a connection to adoption.
- Telephone Helplines Association - The Telephone Helplines Association works with helplines to achieve the highest quality response to all those using telephone helplines. Includes an online version of the Telephone Helplines Directory.
- The Samaritans - support to people who are suicidal or despairing. An English Language Email service is available to anyone needing emotional support, throughout the world.
- UK Charity Chat - Provides a range of services to help people involved in the UK charity and voluntary sector to keep in touch.
- UK Divorce Recovery Workshop - National charity which runs self-help groups for the separated or divorced throughout the UK. The site has details of local groups plus information on how to start a new group.
- Victim Support - Official site offering a directory of local Victim Support schemes throughout the UK, with information on the organisation's history and philosophy. Details of how to volunteer and support and links to other resources.
- Windmill Project for Refugee Women and Children - Charity based in London which aims to enable refugee women and asylum seekers with their children to participate in everyday life by supporting their emotional, practical and skill training needs.
|Our unique system have sorted 205 links for support groups.
|Looking for support groups? Compare a range of leading sites online.
|Whatever you're looking for, find it with Ask.com.
|With Britishinformation.com. A leading UK online directory.
| www.britishinformation.c...||Sponsor |
Become a sponsor >>