> UK > Society and Culture > Volunteering
This category contains 23 sites:
- Charity Choice - Directory of charities, charity services and volunteer donations.
- Community Service Volunteers - A UK-based charity dedicated to giving everyone the chance to play an active part in their community through volunteering, training, education and the media.
- Directory of Social Change - Publishes information and holds conferences for those working in the voluntary and charity sectors.
- Do-it - UK volunteer vacancies. Type your postcode for a list of vacancies in your area generated from tens of thousands of records.
- E-treasurer - Charity organisation which provides the charity sector with funding information, charity jobs, links and downloads.
- Forum 3 - Careers fair for the not for profit and voluntary sector, 31st August and 1st September 2001. Information for exhibitors and visitors, with registration and maps.
- Greater Easterhouse Council of Voluntary Organisations (GECVO) - A recognised charity offering services, information and assistance to volunteer and community groups. Greater Easterhouse area of Glasgow, Scotland.
- Guildford Association of Voluntary Service - A registered charity providing local voluntary and community organisations with information and support. Details on projects they manage directly. Covers the old Guildford Borough Council area in Surrey.
- Just Events - Volunteer for challenge events and use this online tool to create free personal sponsorship pages to raise money for charities.
- Lets Fix Britain - People Power as a force for positive change in our lives in Britain today.
- Mid Bedfordshire Council for Voluntary Service - Offering advice and support to local voluntary organisations, including sources of funding and the referral of potential volunteers. Bedfordshire.
- National Association of Councils for Voluntary Service - A network of Councils for Voluntary Service (CVS) throughout England. Advice, information, publications, training, events, news and resources.
- National Centre for Volunteering - Information and advice for those who manage volunteers and for people considering doing voluntary work.
- National Council for Voluntary Organisations - Umbrella body for the voluntary sector, with links to over 600 UK voluntary organisations. Also carries news, events listings and other information.
- Nottingham Council for Voluntary Service - Helping organisations and volunteers to contribute to the social, economic and community development of Nottingham.
- Reach - Helping voluntary organisations by recruiting and supporting experienced men and women and placing them in part-time, unpaid roles with nearby voluntary organisations throughout the UK - for free.
- Surrey Voluntary Service Council - Providing support to both the voluntary sector and the wider community in Surrey.
- Teaching and Projects Abroad - Places paying volunteers in work experience projects in Africa, Asia and the Americas. Programmes cover a large number of specialities including teaching, medicine and archaeology. Brochure requests, faqs and case histories.
- The Charity Commission for England and Wales - Government organisation responsible for registered charities. Site includes information on each charity, investigations, complaints procedures,publications, news and surveys.
- The Experience Corps - Encouraging people, aged between 50 and 65, to offer their skills and experience to help others in their local communities, and providing support services to volunteer organisations and those seeking voluntary work.
- TimeBank - A national campaign to raise the awareness of the value of giving time and inspire a new generation of volunteers. Site includes a Contacts Directory, FAQ, stories and campaigns.
- TOC H - Building a fairer society by working with communities to promote friendship and service, confront prejudice and practise reconciliation. Details of volunteer opportunities, local centres, current activity programme with pictures and links to the internati
- Womens Royal Voluntary Service (WRVS) - WRVS is one of the UK's largest voluntary services Dedicated to tackling social isolation or deprivation in communities throughout England, Scotland and Wales. Over 100,000 volunteers, including 13,000 men.