> UK > Government > Health
This category contains 19 sites:
- Airbags - General Advice - A paper from the UK Department of the Environment, Transport and the Regions on the safety aspects of Car Airbags - also known as 'Supplementary Restraint Systems' (SRS).
- Association of Directors of Social Services - Represents all the directors of social services in England, Wales and Northern Ireland. Includes information on the Association, membership and key policy issues.
- COMAH Notifications - Information on how to notify and who to notify of an incident under the Control of Major Accident Hazards Regulations 1999 (COMAH).
- Cornwall and Isles of Scilly Health Authority - Site provides detailed information on the structure and services provided by this health authority.
- Department of Health - Official website of UK Department of Health, the government department responsible for public health issues. Provides material which is primarily for use by health and social care professionals, academics and other interested parties.
- Food Standards Agency - Provides information on UK food safety - news, regulations, research and other pertinent information.
- Health and Safety executive - Site containing leaflets on Hazards at work (some of which are provided in Welsh as well as English), details of HSE research and other publications.
- Health and Safety Laboratory - The HSL is an Agency of the Health and Safety Executive which supports HSE in ensuring that risks to people's health and safety from work activities are properly controlled. The services offered by the HSL are detailed on this site.
- Health Education Authority - Advises the Government on health promotion strategy, undertakes research into health promotion, maintains a knowledge base and works with health professionals on practical projects. Site gives details of this role as well as advertising job opportunities
- Human Fertilisation and Embryology Authority (HFEA) - Provides information on fertility matters. It includes a plain english guide for patients.
- Human Genetics Commission - The UK Government's advisory body on how new developments in human genetics will impact on people and on health care. Its remit is to give ministers strategic advice on the "big picture" of human genetics, with a particular focus on social and e
- Joseph Rowntree Foundation - Independent non-governmental research charity looking at social policy in Britain, including welfare and poverty issues.
- Medical Devices Agency - MDA - Describes the agency's work in ensuring that medical devices meet appropriate standards of safety, quality and performance. Site includes downloadable versions of a number of reports on products/organisations.
- Medicines Control Agency - The MCA's main responsibility is ensuring that all medicines on the UK market meet appropriate standards of safety, quality and efficacy. The site provides information on licensing and inspection and enforcement.
- Relationship Breakdown: A Guide for Social Landlords - The UK Government's advice and guidance for social landlords on handling the housing consequences of relationship breakdowns.
- Rough Sleeping: The Government's Strategy - Paper from the DETR on the UK Government's new approach to the issue of rough sleeping.
- Saving Lives: Our Healthier Nation - Popular summary, executive summary and presentation pack for this particular Government initiative. Includes a link to the full version of the White Paper.
- UK National Blood Service - UK National Blood Service site provides information on becoming a donor, where to make your donation, and facts about blood and statistics about uk donations and donors.
- Working Together to Safeguard Children - Government guidance on inter-agency co-operation in relation to transforming children's services.
This IP has been banned |
|Pick From Leading Health Insurance Specialists.
|Choose from a variety of the UK's favourite health insurance specialists. Great deals and the latest offers.
| www.thehighstreetweb.com...||Sponsor |
|We present absolutely free financial information and a superior financial search system.
|Looking for pet health insurance? Review our comprehensive listings.
Become a sponsor >>