> UK > Recreation and Sports > Walking
This category contains 47 sites:
- Access to the Open Countryside of England and Wales - The Government's Framework for Action by the UK Department of the Environment, Transport and the Regions.
- Bestwalks - Books on walking throughout the UK plus accommodation guide, maps, walking holidays and gear.
- Big Walk - Portal with links to sites worldwide about gear, routes, weather and clubs.
- Border Trails of the UK - Specialists in driving, walking, riding and cycling trails and little explored border country of Herefordshire, Shropshire and Powys: The Marches.
- Camping and Tramping ... in England and Wales - Campsites, walks, pubs and good food in the mountains of England and Wales
- Chasetrek Home - 2 day annual team competition for younger people. Also contains a map and compass tutorial
- Combe Walks - Self guided circular walks in North Devon, Exmoor and Tarka Country.
- Countrywalker - Walking guides, hiking, photographs and information on walking the Lake District and the Peak District.
- Dee's Walks - Listing of walks throughout the United Kingdom. Information includes distances, local information and photographs. The walks are also rated in terms of their scenery, difficulty, and suitability for families.
- Fell Walking for Pensioners - Mainly based on the lake district fells.
- Fellwalker - UK walk descriptions, plus shareware database of the British hills and mountains. Also contains information on books and landscape photography.
- go4awalk.com - A comprehensive collection of free maps and descriptions of walks (in pdf format) searched using a series of interactive maps, directory of local accommodation plus hints and tips for walkers.
- GoWalking - The official site for the Pathfinder Walking Guides.
- GPS Peak District Walking - Family walks in the Peak District. The site sells CDs with GPS data, OS maps, 150 colour photos per walk and full descriptive text of walks.
- GPS Walks - Contains information on gps walks with more than 80 routes which can be downloaded and used in conjunction with the Garmin PCX5 program .
- GPS Waypoints - Grid reference resource for walkers and hikers.
- Hiking and Walking - Index to organizations, trails, places to hike and walk, events, gear, tours and treks, clubs, videos.
- Hiking UK - Lancashire, Lakes, and Yorkshire walks, and links.
- Hill Tribe - Map reading and navigation training courses in the beautiful Lake District. Sociable, guided walking breaks.
- Hillwalking.org.uk - Links on climbing, mountaineering, hillwalking and related accommodation. Includes books and maps purchase facility.
- MAFF - Conservation Walks Register - Site provides details and maps for 1,000 conservation walks in the U.K. Includes educational opportunities. Enlists the help of farmers in conservation.
- Muddy Boots: Roaming the Welsh Marshes - Walking and rambling in the Welsh hills and the border areas known as the Welsh Marches. Also in Herefordshire, Powys, Radnoshire.
- North Yorkshire Long Distance Walking Assoc - Includes programme, information and contact details.
- OUTDOORSmagic - News, detailed gear reviews, features and links and much for walkers and climbers.
- Peak Bagging Page - Names, heights and grid references of hills in the UK over 2000 feet. Richard Moss.
- Routecards Resource - A database of walk routecards as used by scouts, ramblers and other walkers. Searchable by location and area .
- Sherwood Long Distance Walkers Association - Details of challenge and group walks in the East Midlands.
- Statistical Topics in Hillwalking - Articles and information of a statistical or scientific nature for hillwalkers. Includes the use of altimeters in height measurement and UK weather links.
- Striding Out - Purpose is to share climbing, walking and backpacking experiences, and to encourage articles to be sent in to be added to the article listings. Includes links to related resources .
- TACit Press - Online publisher of UK mountain tables and fables, and 'The Angry Corrie' fanzine.
- The British Tourist Authority: Walking Britain - The complete guide to walking in Britain: routes, maps and advice, festivals and events, tour operators and fun competitions. Information on the Britain for Walkers Club.
- The Hills of Great Britain and Ireland - Lists of more than 2600 hills and mountains in Great Britain and Ireland, using the database at the University of Liverpool.
- The Institute of Public Rights of Way Officers - A professional body which represents over 300 individuals who are involved in the management of public rights of way in England, Wales and Scotland principally as local government officers.
- The Peak Baggers List - Hills over 2000 ft. in the Lake District, Peak District, Pennines and the Welsh Hills. Includes Excel format download.
- The Pub Hiker's Guide - Lists details of where to stay, what to do, equipment and other information. Includes walks, mostly in the Penines and North Wales.
- The Relative Hills of Britain - Internet Book - How many hills are there in Britain? Has anyone climbed them all? Answers to these and other questions.
- Three Peaks 24hr Challenge - A slightly different walking challenge
- Trail Ventures - Book a short break in the Lake District with Trailventures.
- UK Walk Library - For walkers, hikers, ramblers and packpackers, library of tips on walking, pubs, walking gear, accommodation and campsites. Navigation by clicking on directory listings.
- Walking Britain - Comprehensive site featuring walks, photos and other information for walkers and hikers in the British Isles.
- Walking the Way to Health - An initiative of the British Heart Foundation and the Countryside Agency to persuade more people to take up walking. Includes objectives, advice and related resources .
- Walkingworld - The UK site with a database of walks from all round the country - complete with Ordnance Survey maps.
- WalkLink.com - Resource site with a listing of walks in the uk, searchable by location and difficulty. Includes holidays, events, news and beginners advice.
- Walkz.com - Walking information and guided UK walks. Easy rambles to mountain expeditions. Adventurous activities, abseils caving, and climbing. Outdoor training courses.
- WebRing: UK Walking - Sites with content of interest to walkers and hikers from the UK or traveling to the UK.
- Wild Camp - Backpacking, fellwalking and camping in the lake District and Snowdonia . Includes trip reports, photographs and related links.
- Wing Wear - Socks with low friction Teflon for comfortable feet.
This IP has been banned |
|Information & advice on how to best tackle environmental challenges.
|Looking for walking? Review our comprehensive listings.
|Get info on walking holiday from 12 engines in 1.
|Choose from a variety of the UK's favourite walking holidays. Walking adventures in the UK and abroad. Great deals and all the latest offers and destinations. Find it all at TheHighStreetWeb.
| www.thehighstreetweb.com...||Sponsor |
|Top brand names at fantastic prices thousands of items - bid or buy now.
Become a sponsor >>